Posted by Arthur Etchells on March 21st, 2013
Every time I would run into Sly Fox brewer Brian O’Reilly or any of the other higher-ups at Sly Fox Brewing, I would gently (or annoyingly) suggest they put Sly Fox Helles Golden Lager in a can. I’d tell them that the drinkable lager would be the perfect gateway beer into Sly Fox and craft beer. Perfect for after a softball (in my case hockey) game or tailgating, it seemed a natural for Sly Fox’s line of canned beers.
But it wasn’t till today that they actually made it available in 12-ounce cans. And even better, it will be beer’s first 360 End can. A can where you tear off the full top, like a can of soup. In an interview with Don Russell, O’Reilly says the new tear of lid will offer canned beer drinkers the chance to smell the aroma and “better appreciate the beer without pouring it into a glass.”
Helles cans are available at both Sly Fox locations starting today and will be on store shelves in April.
- Sly Fox Helles Cans Are Illegal in New Jersey
- Sly Fox At DiBruno Brothers
- Percy Street Celebrates Beer Can Appreciation Day
- Philly Beer Week Picks for Friday, June 8 #PBW
- Sly Fox Goat Race
- Philly Beer Week Picks for Monday #PBW
- Tonight: Brauhaus Schmitz Introduces More German Beers
- Christmas Beers
- Joe Sixpack On NPR