Openings is Foobooz’s comprehensive list of restaurants, bars and clubs that are coming soon to Philadelphia and its environs. If a restaurant opening is on the horizon or even a bit beyond, that opening should be on the list. Of course we rely on tips as to what restaurants are opening and when. So if you know of something new, don’t be stingy, Tip! For more information, check out the Opening Soon section.
2006 | 2007 | 2008 | 2009 | 2010 | 2011 | 2012 | 2013 | Upcoming Restaurant Openings | Map of Restaurant Openings
- Asian fusion restaurant joins Tashan.
- Sushi spot in a former camera shop.
- New York City coffee shop is set to open two locations in Philly, including one in Rittenhouse Square, next year.
- Owner of National Mechanics is taking over Q BBQ.
- Brian Harrington, part of the City Tap House crew is opening a bistro.
- Cocktail bar from the Weiss brothers, who own Woody’s.
- Crepes return to South Street.
- The spot will be the biggest yet from the couple who have brought us Memphis Taproom, Local 44 and Resurrection Ale House.
- Matt Ridgway is opening a general store-meets-French-bistro concept.
- Mediterranean grill for Chestnut Street.
- Haddonfield's Animo comes to Center City.
Devon & Blakely
- Upscale sandwich/salad spot replacing Pikkles Plus at 18th and Market.
Devon & Blakely
- The breakfast and lunch spot offers 18 hot soups daily, plus sandwiches, wraps, paninis, quesadiallas and salads.
- The gourmet fast food restaurant will feature Questlove’s famous “Love’s Drumsticks,” truffled egg dumplings, tom yum cupcakes, and watermelon-jalapeño “Love Slush,” among other things.
- Marshall Green will be in the kitchen at the recently rebuilt Jerry’s Bar.
- An offshoot of the Mount Holly, New Jersey diner, this location is at the base of the 2424 Studios.
- Joncarl Lachman of Chicago's Home Bistro is looking to open a Dutch eatery.
- Rybread opening a Rybread with beer on Girard Avenue.
- A brand new Scoop DeVille will be moving into 1315 Walnut Street, in the Philadelphia Building.
- The Vendy Award winning cupcake truck gets a storefront.
- Imagine the market portion of Talula's Table with an urban kick.
- Ken Poon opens a froyo, Korean Fried Chicken and noodle spot in Chinatown.
- Jose Garces alums Tim Spinner and Brian Sirhal are opening their third spot, this one in Manayunk.
- Tiffin and Tashan owner Munish Narula has another concept up his sleeve.
Xi'an Famous Food
- Xi’an Famous apparently has nothing to do with the beloved mini-chain of the same name out of New York. But for those of you aching for a taste of Xi'an cuisine, this is your best bet.
- A.kitchen gets a little sister at the corner of 18th and Walnut.
B-Side Social Club
- Butchery and Beer are behind this concept from the owners of Cafe Lift, Prohibition Taproom and Bufad.
- Thai barbecue food truck coming to Philadelphia.
Boot & Saddle Bar
- Avram Hornik has a applied for a liquor license at the old Boot & Saddle.
- Jason Evenchik wants to open a bar that brings in food trucks to serve the hungry masses.
- 52-seat open kitchen restaurant
Spread Bake Shop
- Fresh baked muffins, biscotti, scones and pies from the same people who gave you Spread Bagelry.
- Not be your Sicilian grandfather's Neapolitan pies. There will be beer and wine though.
- Jose Garces opening a restaurant with a private kitchen at the Kimmel Center.
Over the Horizon
Brittingham's Irish Pub & Restaurant
- Brittingham’s Irish Pub & Restaurant in Lafayette Hill is getting a a big-time renovation. New owners, developer Randy Feinberg and David Eckelmeyer are promising a brand new experience.
- If the rumors are true, Center CIty will be getting its first Cheesecake Factory.
- Hiroyuki “Zama” Tanaka opens a two-story Japanese restaurant focusing on yakitori, noodles and dumplings spot.
- Fergus Carey is on the liquor license application for the restaurant to be housed in the nwe Philadelphia Live Arts building.
Legendary Blue Horizon
- The boxing venue will be reborn as a hotel with bar and restaurant with boxing motif.
- Jose Garces will consult on a tavern opening in PHL's F Terminal.
- A steak frites restaurant operating in Washington D.C. opening in Philadelphia.
- A steak and seafood restaurant from Ohio-based Cameron Mitchell Restaurants.
- Marc Vetri opens a pizza spot near the Barnes Foundation.
- New York bar chain may be coming to Broad Street.
- The folk behind North Bowl open a similar concept on Oregon Avenue.
- Zavino opens a second place at 3200 Chestnut Street.