Sideline Chefs is Foobooz’ list of chefs and other veteran restaurant staffers in the Philadelphia area without their own kitchens or rooms right now.
- Jason Cichonski – The acclaimed young chef de cuisine of Lacroix is now laboring on his own restaurant that should open this fall at 3rd and Bainbridge.
- Todd Dae Kulper – The praised chef from Ro-Zu has been linked to Stephen Simons’ izakaya plan. That is a project searching for a location at the moment.
- Steve Gonzalez – The opening chef at Zavino received as much praise for his pasta as his pizzas. He left in early September and we’re waiting to see where he resurfaces.
- Christopher Lee – The former Striped Bass front-man is coming back to Philadelphia and is looking for a spot for his seafood concept.
- Matt Levin – Former Lacroix chef left his own Adsum in August, 2011. What’s next? He’s not saying yet.
- Matt Moon – After just two weeks in charge of the kitchen at Talula’s Garden the Talula’s Table/Django veteran is a free agent.
- Shola Olunloyo – With Speck dead, Shola is back focusing on his StudioKitchen dinners.
- Mike Santoro – Out after a couple months at Talula’s Garden, Santoro is looking at opening his own space.
- Kevin Sbraga – The Top Chef: DC winner will be opening Sbraga this fall at the corner of Broad and Pine.
- Scott Swiderski – Swiderski left The Corner in February of 2011. He was supposed to be the opening chef at Serafina but bolted that project before they opened the doors. It’s been quiet since but he says he has a project in the works.