Posted by Aubrey Nagle on June 20th, 2012
Despite the oppressive heat and warnings to stay inside you may still need to venture out to get a bite to eat or something to drink. For those of you brave enough to leave the comforts of your air conditioning, here are a few hot weather deals that might make it worth your while.
McGillin’s Old Ale House is featuring one of their biggest summer drinks, The Quencher, today and tomorrow for just $5. It’s made up of 1 shot of vodka, a ½ shot of melon liquor mixed with Fruit Punch Gatorade and served over ice in a mug with a lime garnish. Totally worth the five-spot.
To celebrate the first day of summer Rita’s Water Ice locations all around the area will be serving their regular ices for just $2. Hurry, this deal ends today!
Head over to Avalon Pasta Bistro, a rustic, Italian small-plates joint in Downingtown, where every adult gets a free glass of ice-cold Victory Beer or sangria with their dinner.
Finally, for today and tomorrow only, Café BellaVita in Merchantville, NJ is serving up all you can eat mussels (while supplies last). Because there’s no better way to make the heat bearable than by stuffing yourself full of shellfish.
- Davio’s Beating the Heat With Booze
- Iced Coffee Takeover
- Six Pack: Frozen Drinks to Beat the Heat
- Beating The Heat (Or Not) In Center City
- New Cocktail Menu at Lemon Hill (And Some New Food, Too)
- Around The Web: Secret Suppers
- Watermelon Gazpacho at La Calaca Feliz and Cantina Feliz
- Legal Fun: Privatization Hearings Begin, Happy Hour Flexibility
- McGillin’s Giving Away Eagles Trip To Tampa