Posted by Foobooz on October 1st, 2012
Wednesday morning is the official opening of Federal Donuts at 1630 Sansom Street. Today some lucky emailers were able to taste test the donuts and fried chicken. Luckily, with offices just a couple blocks away, we were also able to sample each of the chicken flavors today.
The menu offerings are completely different from the Pennsport Federal Donuts, though the fried chicken is still split into glazed and seasoned.
The Shabazzi blend stood out among the dry seasonings (green seasoning above) and the dill pickle was the winner in the glazes. Though none were duds, we did miss the heat brought by original’s chili-garlic.
Federal Donuts opens at 1630 Sansom Street at 7 a.m. on Wednesday. Fried chicken orders will begin being filled at 11 a.m.
Federal Donuts Sansom Street
1630 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA
- Federal Donuts on Sansom Street Sets Opening Date
- New Federal Donuts Coming to Sansom Street
- A Peek Inside the New Federal Donuts
- Federal Donuts to Open This Summer
- Federal Donuts Is Open
- A Brilliant Simplicity
- New Donut Flavors at Center City Federal Donuts
- Hipsterish Fried Chicken
- Federal Donuts Adding Fried Chicken Dinner on Weekends