Posted by Jason Sheehan on February 21st, 2013
And the hits just keep on coming…
The Insider is reporting that chef Matt Zagorski has jumped ship, leaving his exec chef spot at Hickory Lane in Fairmount for a gig with GuestCounts Hospitality–the folks behind Cuba Libre, Brulee Catering, Gourmetro (also catering) and Square Peg.
Hey, wait a minute… Didn’t Square Peg also lose a chef recently? It did! That’s the post recently vacated by chef Matt Levin (who made a lateral transition and is now working at Brulee Catering), so is Zagorski headed for Square Peg to take over Levin’s old house?
Not according to the GuestCounts team. Though (weirdly) no one there could tell me what job Zagorski had actually been hired for, they did insist that he wasn’t going to be taking over the kitchen at Square Peg.
As soon as we know what job the new Matt will be doing, we’ll let you know. Stay tuned.
GuestCounts Hospitality [Official]
Matt Zagorski Leaves Hickory Lane [The Insider]
- UPDATE: Matt Levin Out at Square Peg
- Hickory Lane Opens Tonight
- Zagorski Opening Fairmount Restaurant
- Travel + Leisure Ranks Philadelphia #2 in Burgers
- Smoked Turkey and Marshmallows at Square Peg?
- Former Marathon To Become Square Peg
- Square Peg Adds Brunch
- Square Peg Survives Its First Night
- Poor Judgment Dooms Square Peg