Posted by Aubrey Nagle on May 16th, 2012
Wing King, a chicken wing competition hosted by BigBite, is next weekend on Saturday May 26th at the Ellen Powell Tiberino Memorial Museum in West Philly. The competition, in its fourth year, brings together 25 local cooks to create the best wings in Philly. For a $10 donation you can gain access to the event, eat, drink, and judge the People’s Choice round.
Which, considering there’ll be free beer, is one helluva deal.
Doors open at 5:30pm for attendees and free beer will be provided by Narragansett. Winners will be announced between 6:30 and 7pm and wings will be judged by Meal Ticket’s Drew Lazor, BigBite’s Joe Bernstein, Shao Zhong of the Fried Wontons 4u blog, and chef Scott Schroeder of American Sardine Bar and SPTR.
Oh, and if you’re feeling frisky, there are still a few spots left for competitors as well, and for just $15 local cooks can have their wings tasted (and judged) by Philly chefs and critics. Contestants need to create 50 disjointed wings from scratch before the event and fill out some paperwork.
Advanced tickets for attendees are still available.
Wing King Tickets [eventbrite]
Bigbite [official website]
- Why Are a Bunch of Philadelphia Chefs Heading to Cooperstown?
- More Food Events For January: Bubby’s Cook Off
- The Key to Winning Wing Bowl
- Restaurants Offering Super Bowl Food To-Go
- A Homebrew Battle Royale at Mémé
- Food, Beer, History At Headhouse Square
- Foobooz Open Stove Night IV: A European Affair
- Yards Real Ale Invitational
- Philly Beer Week by the Numbers